What should be in your Shoe Box!
What you should have in your Shoe Box!
Use this handy checklist to help ensure your tax preparer will have all the documents needed to complete your tax return accurately and quickly.
- Social Security Numbers (including spouse and children)
- Child care provider tax I.D. or Social Security Number and Address
- W-2 forms
- Pensions and annuities
- Partnership and trust income
- Alimony received
- Jury Duty Pay
- State and local income tax refund
- Scholarships and fellowships
- Prizes and awards
- Gambling and lottery winnings
Financial Assets and Liabilities
- Interest income statements (form 1099-INT & 1099-OID)
- Dividend Income statements (form 1099-DN)
- Tax Refunds and unemployment compensation (form 1099-G)
- Proceeds from broker transactions (form 1099-B)
- Miscellaneous income (form 1099-MISC)
- Retirement plan distribution (form 1099-R)
- Student loan interest paid
- Early withdrawal penalties on CD’s
Home and Rental Property Data
- Mortgage interest (form 1098)
- Home equity loan interest
- Real estate taxes paid
- Sale of your home or other real estate (form 1099-S)
- Rental property income
- Rental property expenses
- K-1’s on all partnerships
- Receipts and documentation for all business related expenses
- Farm Income
- Auto mileage log
- Home office square footage
- Charitable donations
- Unreimbursed business of volunteer work expenses
- Child care expenses
- Alimony paid
- Tax Return preparation fees
- Investment expenses
- Education expenses
- Job-hunting expenses
- Adoption expenses
- Moving expenses
- Medical expenses
- IRA, SEP, SIMPLE and other retirement plan contributions
- Casualty and theft losses
- Medical savings accounts
- Energy Credit Expenditures
We’ve gone GREEN- If you have a scanner, go ahead and fax your W-2’s, 1099’s and other documents for tax preparation. This way, you’ll have all your originals.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.
We are Proud to Be Your Minneapolis Accountants
W.A. Campion Co., P.C. is more than the typical accounting firm. While we do provide traditional tax preparation and accounting services in Minneapolis, we also offer other business advisory and financial services to our clients helping them with the financial decisions crucial to the success of their businesses.
Liman Post & Beam’s owner, Leo Kill’s relationship with W.A. Campion started 29 years ago with founder, Joe Campion. Liman Post & Beam is a custom build construction company with a lumberyard serving residential, commercial and agriculture customers across the upper Midwest. “The business keeps me and the guys busy full time estimating and building. W.A. Campion does all of our business accounting, including payroll and bill pay making sure that expenses are assigned to the right job.” Mr. Kill says. “Bill Campion is my financial advisor as well. If I do something financial I run it by him. Bill definitely keeps me out of trouble.”
Zirc Company, Linda Robasse, VP Finance, says, “W.A. Campion takes care of all of our accounting and financial needs – payroll, corporate and personal taxes, financial statements, and even estate planning. They consult with us on our overall business as well. Bill and his team are straight-forward yet easy-to-work with which helps me concentrate on managing the Zirc Company’s finances.” Zirc is a manufacturer and distributor of dental products located in Buffalo Minnesota and has worked with W.A. Campion for 19 years.
Cliff Lake, Principal of a local music retailer has known Bill Campion for over 20 years and has employed him as his C.P.A. for the past 12 years. “As a retailer, I require a monthly review of financials to include P&L statements, and balance sheets, plus I have Campion file the monthly payroll taxes. Operating a retail business keeps me busy and there is no one on staff to handle the financials, which Campion does at a reasonable cost. Campion and his entire staff are very responsive. They get back to me same day, and often within the hour,” Lake said.